Wednesday, August 7, 2013

World Breastfeeding Week

August 1-7 is World Breastfeeding Week. Baby T is my second baby but my first breastfed baby. We have our latch issues but we manage to maneuver holds so it is easy for the both of us.

August 1--Pro Breastfeeding Wear
Baby T doesn't have any cute breastfeeding shirts but his Nana gave him a funny "unloading" shirt and the one day I put him in it, he unloaded a diaper almost every hour!

August 2--Breastfeeding Tattoos
I don't have any tattoos symbolizing breastfeeding but I do have a tattoo on my left wrist that says "Love" that I see each time I nurse on that side. I got the tattoo after my divorce to symbolize that I can love and I am loved.  

August 3--Nursing in Public
I have yet to accomplish this. I have nursed in our backyard as well as in the front seat of our car many times but not yet in public.

August 4--Peer Counseling 
If it wasn't for all the Facebook groups dealing with Breastfeeding, the forum Justmommies , my in-laws, my husband as well as the Lactation Consultants at the hospital, I am not sure where I would be in my breastfeeding journey. 

August 5--Big Latch On
I did not participate in the Big Latch on in our area due to the fact I was setting up Bub's birthday party. It was early the same morning at our local Babies R Us actually on August 3rd from 10:30-11am. I was nursing during that time of the Big Latch on, though as that is typically Baby T's nursing time. 

August 6--Grown Nurslings
Bubs was not breastfed. He is very interested in everything that goes alone with Baby T being breastfed.

August 7--Babywearing
Baby T's great grandpa sent some money down in a "welcome baby" card so I took some of that money and bought a Moby Wrap for him. I have only worn him a few times as it has been TOO hot here in Dallas to wear him around. Today, though, he isn't fighting being in the Moby except when he gets hot or uncomfortable. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment