Saturday, September 28, 2013

Comfort Zone Breached *NSFW photos*

I love photography but I have also found a new love for modeling. I was recently given the opportunity to be a boudoir model. In the past, I have turned down EVERY opportunity to do this because I was not comfortable in my own skin. There was a time I would have done it but that time has come and gone.
I met this wonderful photographer Whitley Pollet  who was understanding that I just had a baby 3 months ago and I still had some weight to lose and some areas to tone up. She gave me clothing ideas and we just ran with it.
There is a saying "Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new." -Brian Tracy
Stepping out of my comfort zone for this photo shoot is definitely something I did. There were times when I was in the bathroom getting into my next outfit that I almost didn't want to open the door. There are also times, as I was opening the door, I sucked in my stomach (what is still left from a pregnancy) as well as stuck my "girls" out (although I breastfeed so that was a bit hard) and pushed my buttocks out a bit (also uncomfortable physically). The compliments from Whitley made me feel much more comfortable and proud of how far I have come after having a baby.
The photos are so great that I cannot stop looking at them. They are sexy yet not overly sexy.
I do want you to know some of these photos may not be safe for work so please either exit now or scroll down when you get home!












No comments:

Post a Comment